25 June 2012

NatWest Bank Still Failing Customers

I don't bank with Natwest. However, someone who works alongside me does. This is her view of the events surrounding the problems with the Natwest banking computer system.

I have been a customer of Natwest for more than 18 years and like many other establishments I have mostly found their customer service to be average at best overall.

However, the recent debacle involving a system error that caused millions of people to be unable to access their cash effected me directly and like most other customers I am also asking myself 'where should I move my money?'. The embarrassment of having my card declined at a restaurant recently (due to no fault of my own) was overwhelming - thankfully my friend doesn't bank with them and could therefore pay the bill for me. Of course, my instant reaction was to call the bank and find out why, despite the fact I didn't meet the criteria of those effected, I was unable to pay for my meal. I was told that all accounts were in the process of being reset and as a result my account currently has a zero balance.

Luckily I am not out of pocket, with my bills already paid and no more direct debits on the horizon, but for those who did have payments bounce I feel even more angry.

Right now all we can do is hope that when they say 'It will be resolved in the morning' it really will be resolved in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment